Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Bloody Nall Tavern (1/20/2007)

From the Writings of Nalla Mann -Bartender of the Bloody Nall Tavern

He entered the Bloody Nall Tavern which lay on the outskirts of town--over a mile away from the Fat Man's palace. He surveyed the occupants with a watchful eye before sitting at the bar. He ordered a bottle of whiskey-poured himself a tall shot and downed it. "Nalla" he said--"I need to organize a tough group of me that I can Trust -----I'm going after Max"

"Tough is one thing. Trust is another" I told him I scribbled a few names down on a sheet of paper. I pointed out a tall dark skinned man at the back of the room and told him "You may want to start with him---names Kandu --he is the only one on the list you can absolutely trust --He's a Cannin"

The Pineappleman grabbed the bottle of whiskey --leaving behind a gold coin and headed to towards Kandu. Eyes followed his path across the bar. Without asking he sat himself down at the table and handed Kandu the bottle. Then he addressed him "I need a few good men for a dangerous journey downriver. I can pay a good wage--I hear you might be interested."

Kandu poured himself a drink from the bottle and downed a shot. He leaned back in his chair smiling. "Straight to the point -I like it! Your the Pineappleman aren't you?"

The Pineappleman responded pouring himself another shot. "That's what some people call me "

Kandu "I've heard many of the stories about you. I hear you can't be harmed--but from that bruise on your head I'd say that must be an exaggeration" He paused for a moment to consider the offer. "I will help you Pineappleman -when do we leave?'

Pineappleman said as he stood up from the table "3 hours - be at the docks at 4 and gather together as many good men as you can---i have an errand to run first"

No comments:

Post a Comment